All authors/prospective authors are required to submit written permission from the copyright owner (usually the publisher ) to use material being borrowed, quoted, analyzed or adapted from other sources, including previously published material of your own, along with complete details about the source. Any permissions fees that might be required by the copyright owner are the responsibility of the authors requesting use of the borrowed material, not the responsibility of WITNESS. You can adapt the template provided here to use for this purpose, or use the letter of permission you obtain from the publisher. You must scan the signed permission and save as a PDF file, then attach the file to your submission as a submission item.
You must obtain written permission for the following material including works you yourselves have previously published:
- All direct quotes of/totalling 300 words or more from any full-length book
- All direct quotes of/totalling 200 words or more from a periodical article, or grey literature document such as any produced by organizations
- All excerpts from a newspaper article or other short piece
- Any passage from a play or a song
- Two or more lines of poetry
- Any borrowed table, figure, or illustration being reproduced exactly or adapted to fit the needs of the subject
- Other permissions may be requested at the discretion of the editor including material from the internet
Witness acknowledges and thanks Advances in Nursing Science and editor Dr. Peggy Chinn for granting us permission to adapt and make use of their permissions policies and supporting documents.